How To Increase ROI By Switching To A Paperless Practice
Is the growth of your dental practice slowing down because you are not keeping pace with the rapid technological advancements? Do you still find it challenging to manage the payment collections and insurance management along with providing your patients with the best possible experience? If so, this is the right time for you to switch to a completely paperless practice.
As we know, dental practices have always been dealing with instances where they are forced to use physical records. These include coordinating with suppliers, dental labs, and other service vendors as well as maintaining patient records, schedules, reminders, and calendars.
Paper-based workflows introduce redundancy, creating more overheads and serious cash-flow issues for dental practices. Yet, practices choose not to switch because of the stress associated with introducing change.
Besides smooth transition, modern practice management systems offer integrated solutions that streamline every bit of your practice from third-party coordination to electronic health records, ensuring easy accessibility for all your practice data without the need for any paperwork.
Scaling efficiency with a paperless practice
Switching to a cloud-based practice management system might seem time-consuming initially as your practice has to get accustomed to automated workflows and processes. But, the time invested in transition will be worthy for the rapid growth of your dental practice.
Modern practice management systems store data on the cloud, that is on dedicated servers with round-the-clock online security and built-in data optimization techniques. With an all-in-one dental software solution assisting you with administrative tasks, you can turn your focus back to productive dental work, thus ensuring a well-spent and effective treatment experience for patients. Let’s see how:
A modern cloud-based dental practice management solution brings significant changes in the following areas:
|Billing & Payments:|
|Submitting Insurance Claims:|
|Clinical & Charting Notes:|
Benefits of Going Paperless
The benefits of going to an entirely paperless practice include increased efficiency and productivity, lower costs, reduced stress, a more empowered staff, and improved patient experiences.
Making the transition does require investments of time and money, but you can take comfort in knowing many offices have already abandoned paper-based systems successfully. Improved technology and increased access to assistance will make it easier for you to compete in today’s technology-enhanced dental landscape.
- Accuracy: Data is prone to manual error at the point of entry. With a PMS even this does not happen, as the patient intake forms are filled up by patients themselves using their mobile devices. This improves accuracy and increases the efficiency of everything from eligibility verification to claims submission
- Compliance: HIPAA compliance is increasingly becoming compromised and paper documentation adds unnecessary risk to the process. Electronic documentation and databases can be customized with access controls so that only the relevant members of your team can access sensitive data. Also with a cloud-based PMS, patient data is kept safe both on and off transmission abiding by HIPAA regulations.
- Ownership: Now that every action can be traced back to the team member responsible, there will be greater ownership of tasks and lesser mistakes. An efficient PMS allows the dentist to exercise the usual functions of ownership and decide who has access to the data. It also ensures that the data is available in a readily transferable and accessible format, not a proprietary format only the PMS can use.
- Speed: Even before they are seated in the dental chair, patients do not want to wait. With PMS integration to your dental practice, you can streamline the patient-flow between various departments, reducing the check-in to check-out time, providing a better patient experience.
- Accessibility: One of the biggest challenges with paper records is accessibility. With a secure cloud-based environment, electronic records are readily accessible, no matter the time, location, or type of file. You can finish your notes and access your practice from anywhere in the world on your computer, tablet, or phone.
- Security: Data stored electronically in cloud-based systems have security measures, making it safer than paper records. You can assign permissions and secure communications with your providers and patients along with ensuring end-to-end data encryption.
A modern paperless practice provides:
- A smooth-running office that is efficient and productive every day, with patient data accessible anytime anywhere.
- A feature-rich system that provides a quick return on your investment.
- A one-stop destination for all your third-party integration needs, world-class support, well-trained providers, and up-to-date enhancements.
Get started on your paperless journey with CareStack Enterprise, offering you the easiest way to collect patient information, reduce no-shows, streamline your operations, and increase patient satisfaction.